Letter to Home Owners
Dear Home Owner:
If you reside on your property on a permanent basis and claim no homestead exemption on other property owned by you, then you may be eligible to receive Homestead Exemption, which will eliminate or reduce the amount of parish property taxes which will be due by you at the end of this year.
In order to qualify for Homestead Exemption:
- Property must be titled in your name.
- Property must be your permanent residence.
- You may not be receiving Homestead Exemption on any other property.
- Providing a home for relatives does not qualify, unless they have reserved the usufruct.
- You may claim homestead on a mobile home, even if you do not own the land that it is situated on.
If you believe that you qualify for Homestead Exemption and have not yet made an application with this office, please do so as soon as possible by coming by the office at 103 South Monroe Street, Minden, or to the satellite office located at 110 Industrial
Park Drive, Cullen. Office hours are 8:30 am until 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. If you are unable to come by in person, please contact us at (318) 377-9311.
Morris G. Guin, CLA
Webster Parish Assessor